Wednesday, August 20, 2014

yeah yeah yeah

In other news, I'm feeling pretty open minded right now.
WHY? You ask.
Because this isn't supposed to be poetry
but my truncated lines and unnecessary <br> coding suggests otherwise.

I feel more when my hand is connected to a pen
or a pencil, if just to start
before my consciousness has awakened
(before it begins to wane again)
What am I saying other than nonsense?
Who am I now but Myself?

Music and scents surround me
Taste evades my mind and tongue
You were here once
And still enrapture me now.
But only in the space of a second

I want passion and excitement to fuel my art
Is that as selfish as it sounds?
Maybe emotion is too abrasive for our love
Do I stop this tomfoolery
Or stop this pen?

Misters and Mistresses sauntering around:
Who are you to make me drop to the ground
Who are you to force me to my knees

No comments:

Post a Comment